Friday, August 7, 2009

The last three weeks!

Yet again, I have failed to write in here to chat about my running training. So here is the three week update, in fast forward!

Triathlon

The tri went really well actually and I was completely surprised about that! The morning of the race I kept telling dad that I didn't want to do it and that I should just drop out. I knew I wasn't trained and I knew it would be a long race since I was not trained. It was a cold morning, which meant it was going to be a cold swim. But I did it! The first two minutes or so I was just trying to get use to the cold water. It seriously took my breath away the whole two minutes because YES it was that cold. Then out on the bike I booked it! I was thinking it was only a 13 mile bike.. well I was wrong. It was 19. So I got tired in the end. (I seriously think I could be like a Lance Armstrong.. I am super fast on my bike). I didn't rush changing because I knew I wasn't going to win any medals or anything. The 3 mile run was the worst.. my legs felt like bricks, my body felt numb. But what kept me running was I saw my dad twice on the run! He encourage me to keep going and I was pissed that my almost 60 year old dad was beating me.. lol! So I finished in good time and even placed 2nd in my age group! That is exciting.. but the bike and the swim suit is put away till after this marathon.

12 mile run

Group run last week was okay. I started running with Jeannie and some lady from the club. We ran a good pace and chatted along the way. There is just something about running with people and talking makes the time go along so much faster. Jeannie was having issues with her breathing so she decided to hold back on her pace. So I got to run with the nameless teammate. She was only schedule to do 9 miles but decided since we were walking every 5 minutes that she would stick with me. Thank god! Because the last two miles were HARD! My legs felt like bricks! But I felt great a little sore nothing to bad. The chafing was a little bad under my arms but I expect that now.

14 miles--ALONE!

So I am currently on vacation. Usually do the long runs on Saturday with the group but since I am in sunny Florida I knew I wouldn't run 14 miles here. So I decided to run the 14 miles before I left on Wed. I got up at 5 AM to get ready and head out. Went to a trail that is down the street from me. I guess I didn't realize that it would still be dark at 6 AM. I just knew I had to get out and start running I couldn't wait for the sun to come up. BAD mistake next time I need mace because I couldn't of seriously been hurt, raped you name it. It was a little light so I just headed out. The run went great actually. I saw four deer and they didn't run away when I ran up to them. This is another reason I love running! After around 8 miles, I really started to feel it in my quads. So I told myself every 9 minutes you need to stretch. I didn't really follow that but I did stretch a ton. The last 2 miles again were the hardest for me. I was afraid to walk because I didn't think my legs would be able to start running again. I walked maybe twice in those last two miles. I finished in like 2 hours and 35 minutes. Which is super fast! I think I was just nervous because i didn't want to get back late since I was flying out in a few hours!

I love running! It just makes me happy! I get to think about the stupidest stuff when I run. I get to just run and be me for those however many miles I set out to complete. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I mean really-who wakes up at 5 AM put their running gear on and run 14 miles because they can. Well that would be me! I wouldn't trade this training program for anything right now! I am having the time of my life doing this! I just wish that I remain this healthy and excited when I am running like 20 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment