Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gosh I haven't written here in a long time.  Actually my life on the computer has been completely non-existent.  I have just been to busy with work, babysitting, starting my masters classes and just relaxing.  Plus my computer is broken so I only get a chance to jump on every few minutes here and there.  

So what you have missed!  Jeannie and me ran a 10 mile run last Friday! We went to a Dublin park and decided to run on a horse trail (so basally that means grass).  At first it was fine, sort of loved it.  But the dirt underneath the grass was hard and the surface was so uneven.  Since it was a horse trail there was a ton of horse crap on the trail.  Half way thru this run I was telling Jeannie we need to find a paved trail.  It was super hard to run on this trail and it made us super slow.  So goodness-we will never do that again.  The 10 mile run seemed like it lasted forever.  I was tired and my muscles were totally feeling it.  At the end of the run we were stretching and I found a tick on me.  YUCK! Then I found one on Jeannie, so basically that was a huge decision on never wanting to do that trail again. 

Since I am doing a triathlon this Sunday, I decided to do a brick workout on Sunday.  Man.. I am telling you if I don't die doing this tri it will be amazing.  I completely have failed to swim and bike in the last month and 1/2.  So the workout was a 10 mile bike and a 4 mile run.  Dang, that run killed me.  But hopefully all will go well and I can finish on Sunday! 

What even killed me more-is that I didn't take a day of rest after that brick workout and went straight into a 11 mile run.  What a mistake! I mean I was really sore running, but I wanted to get this run in before my triathlon on Sunday.  I ran the first 5.5 miles alone! Then thank god a good friend of mine decided to help me finish the rest! Thank god for her no lie! Because I haven't ran a long run alone in a long long time! I really missed Jeannie and it truly wasn't the same without her!  Another reason I felt like I may die during this run was because I ran it at night.  I never run at night always in the morning.. so I just felt like I had nothing in me.  Oh well-glad its over!  I did toss and turn almost all night last night however.. I know it has to do with running that late! 

So I have a five mile run to complete for this week and a Triathlon!  Hopefully it will be a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment