Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July 10 miler

Freedom is why I am able to do the things I want to do! I have that freedom because of the people that have fought for this country, is fighting and will be fighting for us.  So the one thing I can do is show my pride by waking up early on the 4th of July and run a 10 mile race :) I am happy to say this was my first 4th of July race and I am sure glad I did it! 

I worried about signing up for this race because it is July and the heat can be rough.  However, we were blessed with wonderful weather today! The sun was out but it was super cool, PERFECT weather! I wish i could have that weather every long run, but I know that is a wish that will not come true :( 

Jeannie and me really pushed it this race! We went out fast and we finished fast! I over all felt wonderful the whole race! There was a time when I was like crap is this race every going to be over with.  Then I remember that this is only half of the marathon and I need to suck it up! I think the speed workouts or overall just getting use to running with Jeannie is helping our pace.  We know when we can push it and when we should slow it down! I actually love running with Jeannie! I love talking with her but what I love the most is if it wasn't her I probably would be running the whole time and feeling like crap big time.  I love love love the walking method and I am so glad that I started to do it! But even if I was running and walking alone I probably would be pushing myself to pain, so it is wonderful to have someone keep me on track! 

So anyways-the race was nice, small but perfect really! We finished under 2 hours, which I was so happy about! I did take a 1/2 hour nap today and am not overly tired.  So that means I am getting into shape and I am eating the correct foods to keep up the stretch! I have no sore muscles right now but that could change tomorrow morning.  I hope not!

I am so happy that I am doing this! I can't wait to see what the next couple of months hold! Terrified but excited! 


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that there have been countless times that I've thought that there was no WAY I could do this marathon training and marathon without you! you really help to make it so much more enjoyable, and having you with me the whole way keeps me from wanting to give up!

    ReplyDelete