Monday, June 29, 2009

Week one down! Week two is here!

"The first thing I had to do was learn that I can do it" Sue Stricklin runner

I love that saying and it is so true! You have to learn to run the right way, learn to believe that this dream is possible and learn to NOT over do it! You really have to have faith in others when completing something this major! I have to put a lot of faith in my coaches, the guy that sold me my shoes and my running partners.  Everyone thinks running is a event that you do alone, but without everyones support I wouldn't be able to complete this!  So the first thing I have to do is learn .. learn to lean on them and learn to dream big! 

Week one is now over! Its was a great week and I ended up skipping a run.  I need to really figure out my schedule and if that means waking up at 5 AM to do my runs then that is what I am going to have to do.  We ran with the running group saturday.  It was a great run, but I have noticed that my left knee has slight pain from it.  It sort of feels like I need to crack it! Nothing I can't handle but need to make sure that I ice it and make sure I don't over do it! It may have been because I didn't walk the whole time for the 6 miles or from adding another leg day in my Strength training program? Overall, the run really felt great! 

This week-I am running a 10 mile race on the 4th! I have always wanted to run a 4th of July race and I finally get to do it this year! I just pray to god it isn't smoking not out there, since we will not be running in shade.  But I can deal with it if its hot! Wednesday is speed work day! I hate speed work, reminds me of track and I hated track! But I think it is important for me to get some speed work in, so I better just deal with it!  I also have to throw in another 2 runs in the schedule. I ran 2 miles yesterday with a friend so I may cut out a run to give this knee a rest.  Not to sure yet what I will do... 

I have decided to join weight watchers, or at least follow the program.  I have been doing really terrible with the food and I know that it is just going to get harder as the miles pack on! So I want to get control now because I will not gain weight over this marathon journey not going to let it happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment